Wednesday 21 November 2012

playtime

Temporary hiatus while my daughter and family decanted from the south and came back oop North.

I did a spot of baby sitting while they did a lot of packing (its good to be grandma)now that everything is calmer I might get back into routine. The babies and I would slope off to Ickworth and play, they have such wonderful old toys in warm sunny corners,that are just perfect for passing the time of day.  Ickworth is a National Trust property and with Em's membership card in hand, visits were well worth it.

I'd get a card myself if I lived close enough to Nat Trust properties.



"MMM Grandma is it sweety time yet?"


"Just evict these plastic horses and make room for my car"


That said I have been wasting a lot of time diligently washing Alpaca fleece, ryeland fleece and fluffing and spinning, so not too much sewing has taken place :( Didn't you know I was a serial obsessive?

Extravagantly I have ordered a drum carder from Classic Carders and excitedly await its arrival. It will be here on Friday ..Yippeeee..


Meanwhile even the hand carding lark is going quite well, I combed alpaca locks and mixed with some of my Ryeland and its spinning beautifully.




Phew its all so exhausting:)


I do love seeing my quilts put to good use.

No comments: