Thursday 11 October 2012

Spinning a steep curve

I have finally started to brave the wheel... Okay after watching dozens of youtube videos I had a basic idea of what I am meant to do. There is of course a big difference between meant to do an manage to do..Ash where are you!!!!
None of these videos got round to mentioning what you do when the wheel really wants to go anti-clockwise :( I am probably just being feeble in the treadling department or there is a tension issue maybe?
There were a few all too brief moments when I felt like it was going smoothly but they are so far few and far between..oh well Rome wasn't built in a day. There is a fine line between not being too hard on myself and not just mucking it all up entirely...Don't worry dears there wont be home spun home knitted socks in your Christmassy futures I promise..Least ways not this year :D Gradually those short periods of it feeling right are getting longer.

No comments: