Friday 26 October 2012

Alsorts of sewing

I got the binding done last night on the liquorice alsorts quilt
I think it looks quite effective. To maintain some of the soft flow of the fabrics I didn't over quilt it. For this one I wanted butterflies and moths somewhere in the design so they slipped, of should that be flew into the machine quilting pattern. The back is pieced in grey and apart from one small fussy cut butterfly of a different fabric uses some scraps of the fuchsia pink, I stuck with that for the binding too. It is light weight so should post fairly reasonably...its meant to be heading for Arizona in America. Being light I am hoping it wont be too warm to use, don't deserts get chilly at night?
And that little pink and green pillow is now in situ
Now I just need to sort through what remains to be finished, have a bit of a spin and broach the next task.

No comments: